Wednesday 6 April 2011

Initial sketches

I am in charge of designing and making the window and curtains for Gregor’s room.
Because we are looking at art nouveau inspired decor, I have come up with a few designs that I found in a book from the library – ****put in author etc***




The top design I like because it looks a little bit like a moth, or
at least a winged insect. this would be cool to do but maybe a little too
intricate for a tie back, it will depend on time constraints I expect.


This is just a quick sketch of what I think the window will look like when its finished. the curtains will be tatty and hanging off of the railing, as though he has clawed them off to try and see out.

Here are a couple of examples of the tie backs i will be making for gregor's
room. the largest one in the middle is probably my favourite, it has a clear look
of art nouveau about it and also look a bit like a larvae, again continuing the bug theme.
This window design was one of my favourites, I designed this after seeing something similar in my book,
it looks decidedly buglike, which is what we decided to translate onto the set, give things a bug-like quality. However, the angles will be complex to create, and it will be very time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment